Today: Classes, Workshops, Performances and conversations at Staten Scenekunstskolen.
To buy tickets for today's performance click herehttp://billetto.dk/fabianbarba
More information about all the activities and fees at http://www.laramalvacias.org
• Contemporary Dance Classes. Taught by Jeremy Nelson. All levels. 10:00 to 12:00.
• Acrobatics Class. Taught by Esther Wrobel. All levels.12:15 to 13:45.
• Collective Brunch (bring your own). Brunch. 13:45 to 15:45. Meet, talk, socialize and network with other Not Festival participants and guests.
• UNVEILED/BLOCK 2: WorkinProgress. 15:45 to 17:15.
A block of ½ hour per person (including performance and feedback) will be given to Not Festival participants’ (teachers, performers, artists, students, etc.) to show work in progress and get feedback. The idea is to start a dialogue that could benefit their process. The participation in this activity is on a first-come first-served basis. FREE.
• NOT FESTIVAL PERFORMANCES 6: “A Mary Wigman Dance Evening” by Fabian Barba.
|Fabian Barba. Image by Helmut Hergarten|
“In a thin-strapped dress Mr. Barba wafted his wrists girlishly. With his face and body shrouded in red fabric, tight around the neck like a napkin ghost, or wielding a pole within his costume to make it billow, he suggested what Martha Graham might have seen in Wigman. And the costuming raised other questions of history and authenticity. Did Wigman actually wear, as Mr. Barba did, a hoop dress of see-through mesh? Through that mesh Mr. Barba’s hairy chest was visible, but gender bending did not seem to be the point. His fidelity laid bare the monotony in Wigman’s work. His precision underlined its foursquare connection to the music, whether repetitive piano figures or gongs.” Brian Seibert. The New York Times.
THE PERFORMANCE WILL BE FOLLOWED BY A CONVERSATION WITH FABIAN BARBA ABOUT THIS WORK. 20:15